The skin of the face is quite sensitive to external influences. A long stay in the cold provokes dryness and peeling of the epidermis. Heat, on the contrary, contributes to the expansion of pores and the appearance of acne. Regular cosmetic procedures will help keep the skin healthy. Urea creams are an effective and popular care product. They moisturize the epidermis well and are indicated for use to persons with increased dryness of the skin.
The use of urea in cosmetics
Urea or scientifically urea - This is a chemical compound, diamide carbonic acid. It is a well-soluble white crystals in water that cannot be identified by smell. Almost two centuries ago, a chemical compound was first detected in the urine, which was the reason for obtaining such a name.
Urea is present in the epidermis and provides proper hydration of the skin of the face and body. However, its deficiency in the body leads to dryness and flaking of the skin. It is proposed to fill the deficit of substances with creams, which include carbonic acid diamide.
You can recognize a remedy by the presence of a label on the ointment with the abbreviation Urea.
Due to its microscopic size, urea easily penetrates through the pores into the epidermis and retains moisture there. It promotes proper hydration of the skin for a long time. Only cosmetics with hyaluronate will make a worthy competition to ointments with carbonic diamide. However, the latter substance is destroyed faster and has a weaker effect.
Useful properties of urea in creams:
- Well moisturizes the skin of the face, hands, feet, body due to the ability of carbamide to retain moisture inside the epidermis;
- Provides a strong protection against drying of the skin, creating a protective invisible film;
- Promotes the regeneration of damaged cells, stimulates the growth of new ones;
- Relieves itching, pain and burning sensation in the treatment of eczema and psoriasis;
- Provides deep cleansing of the skin from dead particles, grease and dirt;
- Normalizes PH-balance, which helps to soften the epidermis;
- Increases skin resistance to external negative factors - ultraviolet, cold, wind;
- It smoothes wrinkles, evens the tone of the epidermis, improves firmness and elasticity.
Also, urea improves the absorbability of other components of cosmetics and prolongs the life of ointments.
For the manufacture of creams with urea for the face using urine, obtained not naturally, but synthetically.
Rules of application
The fair sex should know how to properly use face creams with urea. Before use, it is imperative that you read the instructions. The ideal option would be to consult with a beautician in advance. The specialist will determine the optimal number of procedures per week and the rules for using the ointment.
Urea creams are indicated for use in:
- excessive dryness, dehydration of the skin;
- the presence of the epidermis, prone to flaking and hyperemia;
- loss of skin elasticity and elasticity;
- skin diseases - psoriasis, eczema, allergic dermatitis;
- adverse weather conditions - the sun, cold, strong wind.
To obtain a positive result from the procedures, urea cream cannot be used uncontrollably. Therapeutic ointments with urea, practiced for the treatment of dermatological diseases, especially require accuracy.
Rules for the use of creams, which include urea:
- Before applying to the skin is recommended to make a test for an allergic reaction. A small amount of funds is pounded on the sensitive part of the epidermis - for example, on the wrist. If there are no unpleasant symptoms after an hour, then the composition of the ointment is suitable for the person;
- Equally important is the concentration of urea in the cosmetic. The percentage of carbonic diamide should be selected according to the type of skin. An excess or, conversely, a lack of concentration of a substance will lead to irritation or lack of effect from the procedures, respectively;
- Cream with urea should be applied to a slightly damp, steamed and warm skin of the face. It is best to carry out the procedure after taking a shower or a hot bath;
- The frequency of applying the ointment on the face is described in the instructions. To determine independently the number of procedures per day is dangerous. Instead of obtaining a positive result and increasing the effectiveness of the agent, this will lead to an allergic reaction;
- It is recommended to treat the skin of the face with urea cream in the morning before applying makeup and in the evening before going to bed;
- Urea will be useful to combine with other cosmetics - lotions and tonics. Exceptions are therapeutic creams with a high concentration of the substance (from 20% and above). This combination reduces their effectiveness.
Creams with a high concentration of urea can cause severe irritation on the skin of the face.
The skin on the face is tender and sensitive to external stimuli. Protect the skin with cosmetics should be at any time of the year. This will avoid premature aging, irritation and flaking. The best means to hydrate the epidermis are considered creams, which include urea. However, carbamide is not recommended under certain circumstances.
Contraindications to the use of the substance:
- The presence of open wounds on the skin of the face, bleeding cuts;
- The presence of acne, acne, skin rashes with purulent contents;
- Identification of the fact of individual intolerance to the substance.
To use cosmetics with urea on children who are at a nursery age (up to 3 years) is prohibited.
The use of creams with urea in the presence of contraindications causes:
- an increase in skin rashes.
Use creams with urea to moisturize the skin of the face is allowed to pregnant and lactating mothers.
This is an undoubted advantage over other cosmetics. However, prior consultation with the gynecologist before applying the ointment for medicinal purposes will not interfere.
What percentage to choose?
Before purchasing a cream with urea for the face in a pharmacy or specialty store, you should decide on the concentration of the substance. If you choose too high a percentage of urea, you may experience a severe allergic reaction. When buying a medical ointment, it is recommended to focus on the type of skin.
Only a beautician can calculate the exact and necessary concentration of a substance in a cosmetic.
- 1% - suitable for normal or oily skin. Creams with urea of such concentration are recommended to be applied only as needed. In case of increased fat content of the skin, the agent should be applied overnight;
- 5% - it is preferable to use for persons with skin prone to slight flaking. Often used as a base for makeup. Apply the ointment once a day;
- 10% - suitable for dry skin with an average degree of peeling, irritation or aging. Use a cream with urea such a concentration is required regularly, twice a day;
- over 10% - usually used for excessive dry skin caused by dermatological diseases. The concentrated composition of therapeutic agents is used exclusively with the permission of a cosmetologist or a physician.
The maximum concentration of urea (50%) is found in medicinal creams used to treat fungal diseases.
For the skin it is recommended to use ointments with a percentage of urea not more than 5%. In other cases, you should consult with a beautician. With a large amount of substance in the composition of the tool there is a strong peeling effect.
Top urea creams rating
To choose the most effective cream with urea for the skin is quite difficult. Cosmetics vary in cost, purpose and concentration of the substance in the composition. To make the right choice will help the rating of the best ointments with urea.
For skin care, preference is given to the following creams with urea:
- Numis Med Urea;
- Balea Urea Tagescreme.
Urea creams are produced by many cosmetic companies. Find a suitable product for the skin with the desired concentration of the substance is not difficult. Particular attention when choosing should be given to the composition of ointments. There should not be any harmful impurities, preservatives, dyes, etc. You should focus on the plant components. This will reduce the risk of an allergic reaction from the use of urea cream.
To moisturize the skin can not use medical compositions intended for the care of hands or feet.
Moisturizing cream of the company “D'Oliva” has a rich composition that provides the most gentle care for the skin. Its components contribute to the nutrition and rejuvenation of the skin.
The composition of the cosmetic:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil;
- Shea Butter;
- Vitamins - A, C, E;
- Hyaluronic acid.
The combination of urea and hyaluronic acid in the composition of the cream "D'Oliva" gives a good moisturizing effect. The product is suitable for any skin type and can be used as a base for makeup. The concentration of urea is 2%, which makes it suitable for daily use. The cream is well absorbed and leaves no greasy marks. The cost of a jar of 50 ml. will be about 900 rubles or more.
Cosmetic product from “Bioturm” provides deep moisturizing, smoothness and softness of the skin. The fair sex with sensitive and dry skin of the face fits perfectly. It has a mild exfoliating effect. Available in the form of a 75 ml bottle. and enters the middle price category. The cost starts from 1500 rubles.
The composition of the cream "Bioturm":
- Urea at a concentration of 5%;
- Canola oil;
- Sunflower oil;
The uniqueness of the composition due to lactic complex. Biological serum is enriched with proteins, minerals, vitamins and amino acids. In combination with urea has a regenerating and moisturizing effect. It is recommended to use a cosmetic product daily - in the morning and in the evening. A small amount of cream is applied to the previously cleansed skin of the face.
An excellent tool for moisturizing the skin of the face is Vivaderm cream. Persons with both normal and dry type of epidermis can use the ointment. The manufacturing country is Switzerland. Price per 100 ml. determined in the region of 1000 rubles.
- Urea 5%;
- Oils - shea, castor oil, coconut, macadamia nut;
- Lamellar emulsion;
- Vitamins - groups B, C, E, etc.
Cream with urea brand "Vivaderm" is suitable for the treatment of manifestations on the face of dermatological and endocrine diseases. It does not cause allergic reactions and is suitable for very sensitive and dry skin. Due to this fact, it is allowed to use it for pregnant women and children from three years of age.
The principle of applying cream with urea brand "Vivaderm" is simple. Twice a day, the tool is applied with massage movements on the skin of the face. In particular, attention should be paid to dry areas of the epidermis.
Numis med urea
Cream "Numis Med Urea" is recommended to use for dry and prone to irritation of the epidermis. The therapeutic composition has a positive effect on the problematic, aged skin of the face. As a result of regular use of itching and inflammation passes.
- Urea 5%;
- Hyaluronic acid;
- Oils - shea, chamomile flowers;
- Lactic acid, etc.
Urea cream is available in two versions - for night and day use. After applying it, the skin of the face will become moisturized, smooth and velvety. It is recommended to use at any time of year under adverse weather conditions. An incomparable advantage is the ability to apply Numis Med Urea cream with urea as a makeup base. Cosmetic cost of 700 rubles.
Balea urea tagescreme
Balea Urea Tagescreme urea cream not only fights dry skin, but also relieves itching and inflammation. Urea is present in the composition of the remedy at a concentration of 5%, vitamin E, panthenol, olive oil. The combined effect of all components on the skin leads to good results. It is worth noting that the tool perfectly protects against the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
Urea cream does not have a pungent odor and is quickly absorbed into the skin. The face after its use does not get oily sheen. Apply the product required massage light movements across the surface of the dry epidermis. 50 ml tube. costs from 500 rubles.