Some fans of hand-made resort to creating holes and scuffs on jeans to reanimate a favorite thing, give it a second life, others try themselves in this art in order to save on expensive models of unpretentious denims with incredibly popular for many seasons in a row holes.
It is not necessary to make an aesthetic appearance of the hole on jeans, now in the course are denim jackets, shorts, vests and much more, which is made of the notorious denim.
Making holes in jeans at home
Holes on jeans at home can be done with your own hands, even if the person has not tried to do anything like this before. The main principle of work in this matter - do not overdo it. In everything you need to comply with the measure, including when creating a harmonious style of updated jeans. Even negligence and negligence can look beautiful if you know in advance on what basis they “intersperse” into the image.
A few general rules before you begin
- Take into account the jeans fabric
It is important to consider what kind of fabric made jeans: coarse or thin, dense or stretch. Scuffing and holes on tight-fitting jeans should be done not too close to the edges, so that at constant tension they do not break, and the thing does not look sloppy.
- We think over the concept in advance.
The exact location of the scuffs and holes may depend on the type of human figure for which they are converted. Some prefer holes on the knees, others distribute them in small “islands” along the entire length, thereby visually lengthening the figure, others do not hesitate, and cut out huge “windows” on the hips and even on the buttocks. Here the main thing to consider the features: what distract attention from and what to attract.Options for creating scuffs and holes in denim.
Many experts are of the opinion that it is not necessary to cut slots at home, because most of the time, these actions for non-professionals end in ruined jeans and a bad mood. The thing is that this place is especially demanding, and even if you make a beautiful hole, it will grow over time and become huge.
- We fix the thought
At the initial stage, it is important to “crack down” with the concept in order to have an accurate idea of the result. Therefore, you need to literally set a goal. Should chalk or felt pen on jeans, the exact location of the future holes and wear jeans to ensure a good choice of the location and size of the future hole.
- Choosing the right tools
Holes and abrasions can be made with one or more devices that will have a different effect. First of all, which method and tool would not be chosen, need to prepare a small plank, which is inserted into the leg of jeans directly under the workplace, so as not to damage the back of the pants.
What is most often used by needlewomen to create holes in jeans:
- Stationery knife;
- Kitchen knife;
- Manicure scissors.
What is used to create scuffs:
- Kitchen grater.
To make it easier for beginners to understand the specifics of creating beautiful holes on jeans with their own hands, you can familiarize yourself with some simple schemes of working with different tools.
For the first experience at home, it is advisable to take old jeans or leg trimming, and practice on them.
Neat "white thread"Classic holes in jeans decorated with white threads.
For, to create with your own hands the fashionable effect of protruding white threads, professionals advise to just gently release the alleged location of the holes from the dark filaments.
The whole focus is based on the fact that denim fabric almost always consists of layers of white and blue threads stitched together. The white threads are arranged horizontally, namely parallel to the bottom edge of the leg, and the blue threads sew the leg vertically. So that everything works out correctly and aesthetically, even at home, need to carefully snatch some of the blue threads, leaving only the light. But this has its subtleties.
Hole making tools:
- Plywood or cardboard;
- Office knife or scalpel;
How to do it right:How to make neat holes on jeans with their own hands.
- We take suitable jeans, determine the future location of the slot, which we mark with soap, chalk or felt-tip pen.
- We insert a piece of thick cardboard or plywood into the pant leg directly below the marked area.
- We take a clerical knife or a scalpel, and make two shallow cuts parallel to each other, marking the upper and lower boundaries of the future "white hole."
- We take thin scissors and with gentle movements pick up the first few white threads, first from one of the cuts, then from the other. It is important not to tear these threads, but carefully release them from the blue stripes.
- Now that the upper and lower borders are clearly delineated by the white threads released, we can proceed to freeing the remaining central part of the white hole from the blue threads.
- We take the tweezers, and gently begin to pull out the blue threads, which are perpendicular to white (Figure 4 in the photo above).
- A white slit in regular jeans will be ready when all the space is clear of the blue strings.
If you want make a big hole in the style of "white hole"It is necessary to remove the blue threads from the white separate blocks, as shown in the photo above.
Rebellious "my bitch"Extravagant ragged holes are ideal for casual wear.
An interesting way to create your own trend effect of carelessness, which sometimes adds to the image just the necessary touch of rebellion - a sloppy look of a hole. Unsystematic untidiness looks great in casual or street style, and is quite easy to do at home.
Hole making tools:
- Plywood or cardboard;
- Stationery knife;
How to do it right:A way to create "crazy" holes on jeans at home.
- In order not to damage the back of the leg, we place a thick cardboard or plywood under the place of work.
- Mark the approximate size of the future hole, its overall shape and rounding. If after fitting the plan does not change, you can get to work.
- We take a thin stationery knife, and make 5-8 transverse cuts of different lengths one under the other, not very rarely. You can forget about accuracy with this way of working for a while, as long as there is some kind of systematics, harmony in chaos. Slots do not do too close to the edge of jeansso that the thing can serve as long as possible.
- Applying imagination and a sense of style, we release the white transverse threads from the longitudinal blue. This should not be done as neatly as in the first example of work, but haphazardly, leaving the edges unworked, with protruding blue ends of the threads.
- If you wish, you can cut a few white threads, so that the holes seem more expressive and more.
- The final touch will be the treatment of the edges of the slots with sandpaper. This should be done carefully so as not to erase the connection between the white threads.
If the needlewoman has the idea of creating thematic holes, like hearts, suns, moons, stars, or anything else, do not ignore it. The main thing is to outline in advance the future shape of the hole, and work on it. The edges can be processed on a sewing machine or chop with a needle, and can be left fluffy.
Fashionable "holes-windows"Popular among the stars of jeans with large holes.
Huge holes in jeans not covered with white thread are also very popular among young people who do not know shame. You won't surprise anyone with large holes on your knees or hips. This way of decorating with your own hands will appeal to those who are looking for an uncomplicated but stylish way to change old jeans.
Hole making tools:
- Plywood or cardboard;
- Office knife or scissors;
- Choose from: sandpaper, razor or tweezers.
How to do it right:
- First of all, you should outline the location of future windows in shallow jeans, put them on and make sure that they look good. It is necessary to draw the holes according to whether the holes will be decorated with a fringe of protruding threads or cut off sharply.
- We put a thick board under the working space in the leg and with the help of scissors, or better than a clerical knife, we cut a huge space of denim on each leg in one or several places. It is important not to overdo it with “windows”, and not to scatter big holes from each other too much, as this may look ridiculous.
- Now, when the “windows” are cut, you can process the edges of the holes, decorating them with fringe. To do this, you can use one of the above tips on isolating white yarn from denim and removing blue threads with your own hands or using tweezers. You can also leave only a few long white torn threads at the edges.
- A more complete view can be achieved by treating the edges with sandpaper or a women's razor.
Elegant openworkGlamorous and gentle holes on jeans that can be worn at evening activities.
Lace holes - another kind of interestingly decorated holes on jeans, which can be achieved at home in several ways at once, including the simplest:
- Jeans decorated with lace-lined fabric;
- Lace patch over jeans;
- Panty hoses with a lace motif under jeans with ready holes.
If for the first two options, it is necessary to pre-make slots on the pants in one of the previously described schemes and be able to use a sewing machine, the latter method is provided for those who like to change images, and want to wear jeans with holes with or without lace pads.
To add jeans more elegance, you can use the techniques of designers and decorate them:
- bright paint applied on top of the figure stencil.
Wearing jeans on their own handsWith the help of scuffs, you can quickly and easily make trendy jeans out of ordinary jeans at home.
Neat scuffs easily replace large holes on denim, giving an interesting effect, but at the same time they allow you not to focus on untidiness and rebelliousness ... or do - it all depends on the idea of the author.Wearing jeans is an alternative to holes.
The great advantage of creating scuffs is that they perfect both the holes themselves and separate accents on the whole part of the fabric.: rub the bottom line or side of the jeans, make out the back and front pockets.Fringe and scuffs that you can do on your favorite jeans with your own hands.
All this is being done in factory conditions, but it is within our power to create it at home, and using improvised means.
Choosing the right tool.Different tools create different effects of fashionable scuffs on jeans.
As mentioned above, The most popular and simultaneously accessible ways to create scuffs on jeans are:
- Razor or blade;
- Kitchen grater.
How do they differ and which one is right for you? Their differences are in the final result, as each of these items has a different effect.
- The ultimate kind of jeans after working with blade and razor may vary depending on the degree of pressure, which is why it is worth working with them very carefully.
- Maximum abrasive effect secured kitchen grater. Of course, they come in different sizes, however, graters are considered the most coarse tools for creating scuffs on jeans.
- Pumice causes tissue less damage, however, and after it there are quite large abrasions.
- Have sandpaper the smallest effect that looks neat and calm.
The way to create scuffs with improvised meansVariants of work on jeans scuffs.
How to make a scuff on jeans with your own hands?It is necessary to work here on the same principle as making holes:
- To begin, we outline the desired area for future scuffing. Wear jeans to make sure that the adjustments will look good.
- We remove jeans, we insert a dense cardboard or a plate in trousers under a working area.
- We choose one of the necessary tools for the work, which are available at hand, and carefully work, from time to time cleaning the surface of jeans from extra threads.
- Important time to stop. In order not to overdo it, you need to periodically stop and evaluate the resulting result in order to understand that the rubbing is ready. Otherwise, you can get a hole.
- The scrub edge can be scissored, making a small fringe effect or left as is.
Video Lesson: How to make ripped jeans
To visual examples become even clearer, you can use the application tips of professionals collected in video tutorials that will help not only not to spoil the jeans, but also significantly improve their appearance. In this case, it will be about creating holes with the effect of scuffs.